So I have to admit right off that the second photo is staged. I was looking at pictures of Sonia and thought the first one of her was really cute. She had just come home from the hospital and weighed in at 7 pounds. I put her in a onesie that was way to big but also way to cute not to put on. Presto- adorable baby. OK, no real magic, she is always cute. Today I took the second photo in the same onesie to get a perspective on how much she has grown. A week ago she was nine pounds, eleven ounces, so she is probably close to ten pounds by now. Plus, she was two months old on Tuesday.
But really, she is only two weeks old. Her due date was June 15th, so two weeks and one day. Two weeks is her corrected age which is what is done for premature babies to express what should be expected of them physiologically and developmentally. Two months is her actual age. This came up recently when my dad, god bless him, asked me if she was sleeping through the night. After I got done hysterically laughing, I pointed out that two week olds do not sleep through the night. It is hard to remember that she is younger in her mind because she is such a big baby. Based on her actual age, she is 50th percentile for length and 25th percentile
for weight. Go Sonia!
Go Sonia!
ReplyDelete