
My dad and Sandy came to visit and marveled at how big Sonia is. It is amazing how she is tipping the scales, now weighing about twice what she did when she was born, when she usually only nurses for 10 minutes every two to three hours. All the books say fifteen to twenty is the norm, so I am assuming she has gone from the remedial program to an advanced class. Looking at her so closely everyday, I sometimes lose the big picture and forget how far she has come in two and a half months. My dad and Sandy could not stop talking about her progress. Here are pictures of them looking absolutely enthralled with their grand baby.

(Photo credits go to Sandy for the ones of Alan and Ron with Sonia)
One development we are particularly excited about recently is that Sonia has started focusing farther in the distance. As is typical for newborns, she used to just look at our faces or other things going on within one to two feet of her face. The past week, I noticed that when we went into her nursery, she was actually looking at the ceiling. If I took her to a different part of the room, she would even look at little startled at first until she got used to what she was looking at. I can't blame her though, as her ceiling does have a lot to take in:
Well, I hope I have given you enough to take in for the day. This week is not so busy, so I may be blogging more often. Thanks to Jeff and Phyllis for responding to my plea for comments!
Wow, cool ceiling. Nothing to do but staple things to here ceiling??
ReplyDeleteWe did the nursery in February when I started feeling the nesting urges. I just had the inspiration; Alan really came up with the idea and did most of the work. It was pretty hard to nail on the ceiling when I was 6 months pregnant!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I changed my blog. It is good to see that your little one has a healthy appetite. She is so adorable. Take care.
ReplyDeletePhyllis
Hi Maggie, Alan and Sonia,
ReplyDeleteIt's Tara! Sonia's just adorable you guys!
Phyllis- That's why I could not access "grammascottage"! Looks like you are having fun with photography.
ReplyDeleteTara- Good to hear from you. Alan's going out to SB in August (Toshi made him).
Why is Toshi making Alan go to SB?
ReplyDeleteSonia is sure getting big! She is also cuter every time I see a new picture. You dad and Sandy seem to be enjoying being grandparents!
ReplyDelete