We had a great 4th of July eating dinner with Jeff and Tammy. I worked for the first time in a few months that day, so poor Jeff and Tammy did not get to hold her as much as they usually do. I enjoyed working, probably because I was just filling in and not actually going back full time yet. Of course I was working in the newborn nursery. Even though I was pretty absorbed with the work at first, by the end of the day I way thinking about Sonia with each exam I did. When I got home we rushed to their house, so by the time we arrived, I had some serious Sonia cravings brewing. I was hoping to be able to post some pictures of Sonia with fireworks today, but we were in bed before it was even dark.
We are back on the breastfeeding bandwagon after some brief hiatuses. She will nurse really well for 4-6 feedings in a row but eventually she gets to a point where she has to have a bottle. If I try to nurse her, she either screams or falls asleep until I take her away from my chest. I feel bad for her, and frustrated for myself, when this happens, but I do not know what to do. I definitely have enough milk but I think sometimes her body tells her to demand the more free-flowing bottle. At this point today though, it has been about twelve hours bottle free! I should just thank my stars that I do not have a baby that refuses the bottle. That would not mix well with a full time job.
Sonia is spending more of her days awake and alert. When something really interests her, her eyes pop open wide her pupils gets really big. She likes to lay upright with her head against my chest and her eyes peeking over my shoulder taking everything in. Then, she gnaws my shoulder and clicks her tongue: Hey mom, dinner-time!
No comments:
Post a Comment