Friday, July 9, 2010

3 days

We have been exclusively breastfeeding for over 3 days now! Yipee!



In addition to closeness of nursing, it is an incredible relief not to have to pump. Pumping does not hurt or anything, but it tied me down. I could get disconnected, but that is a hassle. There were times, I did do it more than once, when I would unsuccessfully try to console Sonia while she was laying next to me so then I would pick her up and try to find a place to hold her midst the equipment on my lap. That does not work. Everything but Sonia would go flying or she would just keep crying. In addition, pumping is mildly interesting at first (the human body is amazing) but then maddeningly mundane.

Sonia has now decided that getting a baths and diaper changes are fun. As those of you with children now, she was not born with that opinion. It is a good thing she changed though because babies fed breast milk poop a lot. I hate to embarrass her too much, but if I get a good bath picture, I will put it up. Future embarrassment is something to think about with this blog, but hopefully she will just get a kick out of it when she reads it someday.

Now, I am going to have a small glass of wine with Alan.

1 comment: