Part of her discomfort is the light, but part of it is just the desert heat. When we brought her home, we found out she would fall asleep and refuse to eat if she was hot. She looked like a melted rag doll. Sometimes, she actually sticks out her lower lip and frowns at the heat. Why she can frown before she can smile, I have no idea. Alan pointed out this does not make any sense from an evolutionary perspective since the parents just want to see her smile. The only way I can piece it together is if the frowning muscles are the suckling muscles.
She is bigger now and not so fragile. If I take care not to expose her face to direct sunshine, she will actually open her eyes and take things in. At these times, she seems very serene. We can take her outside to eat our dinner and go on tours of the yard. I want her to be used to the outdoors so that the sounds will not scare her when she is older. We cannot wait to be able to hike and camp with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment