Ezra is a great parent. He has taken to sleeping by her crib (we use a pack and play we move around the house as needed). If Sonia starts crying, he comes to get us. Hey, his eyes say darting from her to us, she needs you. He frets and frets until the crying stops. If it reaches a certain degree of length or volume, he gets so distraught that he starts howling. It is really loud howl he used to only do if there was a siren going by. His howling continues until her crying stops. Sometimes I think she stops crying just because she is distracted by the howl. I find his sympathy really touching, except at two o'clock in the morning.
On a different note, I have a series of one-handed accomplishments to relay. Sonia's little psyche does much better when she is being held so like most moms, I have an occupied hand much of the time. Today I made fried rice all with one hand including breaking two eggs into a bowl. A few days ago I did four loads of laundry while holding Sonia then repeated that task today. Every day I get better at hunting and pecking at the keyboard with my free hand but is still pretty slow going. Although I started off writing this with two hands, Sonia has spoken so I am down to one. And that, my friends, means I am done.
No comments:
Post a Comment