We often hear this phrase when people with or around Sunny. The first time I remember hearing it was from my Uncle Ken when he and Yvonne came for Thanksgiving. She likes to try new things; in fact, she often demands to do so. So far there is only one thing we have found that she consistently does not like and that is green beans. She shudders sometimes when one finds its way to her mouth. Alan and I pretty much give her everything we eat. Curry, stir-fry, pizza, though I guess pizza is not usually a challenge. Recently she has shown a fondness for funky cheese- blue cheese, feta, English Cheddar with caramelized onions. She actually gets giddy sometimes when we give her plain yogurt or hummus. I think blueberries are still her favorite, though she likes so many things it is difficult to tell. She has had quite an appetite recently. I packed a lunch for the three of us to eat while we were hiking the other day, but Sunny ate so much that Alan and I had to get a snack afterwards.
Alan has been on break so we have gotten a lot of hiking in the past few weeks. Luckily, as long as we do not walk for over a few hours, Sunny loves to ride in her backpack. We often give her a stick to hit the passing branches with and that helps keep her occupied. She also likes to pat her daddy's hair or hang on to his shoulder. After awhile, the best thing to do is doze. She falls asleep in the most uncomfortable appearing positions, but I know they only appear uncomfortable to my aging joints and muscles. My neck gets stiff just looking at the picture below. Her little elastic body does not mind.
As time goes on, there may come a day when Sonia starts to ask for coffee. If she does, she really wants warmed milk with cinnamon sprinkled on it. She always wants a sip of the coffee Alan and drink in the morning and in the afternoon, so we started giving her the milk. Just to make the whole thing completely adorable, she sips her coffee out of a miniature coffee cup we got from Drew and Janet.
No walking yet...I will let you all know when the big day arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment