We are trying to just boil and mush her food rather than use the jars. In that spirit, I put three carrots to boil for her. I forgot about them until I wondered where that smell was coming from. Luckily, I could scape off the bottom and they just had a slight grilled flavor. Then I tried to puree them with my immersion blender, which gave me a bunch of chunks. So out came the strainer...two hours after I put them to boil I ended up a couple tablespoons of pureed carrot. I then went to Amazon and ordered a food mill. Sonia appreciated my efforts though.
She also laughed for the first time! Alan went to pick her up at Jeff and Tammy's and she just got so overjoyed to see him, she laughed out loud. She smiles at us most mornings these days. It is such a treat to come in and see her start smiling at me in the dark when she sees me. Even though she is slow to wake up, she is happiest in the mornings. I am enjoying being back at work, but it is awfully hard to leave her when she is being so adorable.
I think they are surprised by the texture as much as the flavor. It is fun to watch their little faces. I think when you give them such a variety when they are little they are more apt to eat their vegetables when they are older. Just a theory. Have fun with this. I went the same route with the food. I made my own, as much as I could anyway.
ReplyDelete