She finally went down for a nap around 5:30pm after a day of festivities. We started off eating oatmeal with her Poppy Ron and Grandma Sandy then took a little doze in the stroller as we walked around. For her birthday, I dressed her in a little shirt that I used to wear at her age. Kinda of hard to believe that it was my shirt! Soon, everyone else started arriving. The first thing Sonia noticed were the ribbons, which she had to show to her Grandma and Aunt Jen. She had almost as much fun with the presents before they were opened as she did afterwards.
For lunch, we had toddler specials. Sloppy joe, fruit salad with lot of berries, potato salad, and guacamole. Maybe guacamole isn't for every toddler, but Sunny is a fan. She ate and ate then we brought out her loot. The cool thing was, she liked and paid attention to each and every gift. Jen and Ian got Sunny a cute squeezy-noise giraffe and monkey that she could not stop looking at. Our neighbors, Bette and Richard and their son Jeremy got her some cool self-propelled cars and a wading pool. It was too cold to try it out, but we know she will love it. Poppy and Grandma Sandy got her a bouncy turtle that plays little songs. We thought she had danced all she could while we were singing her happy birthday, but then she came in and kept groovin' with the singing turtle. Finally, her Poggy and Grandma got her a "Princess Coupe" that she took for a spin this afternoon. With all this cruising and dancing, I am getting a sense of what it is like having a teenager. (I know, I have no idea, but I am not worried). At least I did not have to worry about her sneaking out; I put her to sleep and after about thirty seconds, there was not a peep from her monitor.
Sonia was very serious about her berry cake and Poggy's homemade vanilla ice cream. She squished it and stuffed it in her mouth by the handful without even cracking a smile. I think she decided it was pretty good stuff since she tried to give me some as well.
Thanks, my little Sun, for an unforgettable year. I love you!
Wow time flies. Your little girl get more adorable everytime I see a picture of her.
ReplyDelete