Yesterday's post was going to be longer, but I accidentally published it instead of saving it.
For the past few weeks, Sunny has been noticing the indoor heat. When the furnace comes on and she feels the hot air, she looks up at the duct, smiles and points at it. So I should not have been surprised when this morning she felt the breeze, looked up, and waved at the duct. I had to laugh, but she does have a point. The heat is a friend. Waving is a favorite activity these days. She waves hello when we come into a room after being gone for a minute, hello to Ezra and Ira and the chickies. We wave goodbye when we are leaving her and waving back distracts her so she only fusses for a minute.
Just so everyone is aware, we have decided that chickies run around our backyard and give us eggs. We eat chicken, not chickies. I know that eventually the truth will be revealed, but I want to put that off for awhile.
We got some new chicks! Starting in the back row and going clockwise, the breeds are americana, wyandott (pronounced wine-dot), light americana, baird rock, and buff orpington. We're working on the names. Anyway, you can see why we want to avoid the subject of chicken.
Sunny has been spending a lot of time in the dirt at her grandparents and here. Mostly she likes inspecting the pebbles, dropping them, then picking up some more. Occasionally she tries to put the dirt in her mouth, but usually the chickies eat it from her hand. In the first picture below, I believe she is deciding, "should I eat it or put it in my ear?"
No comments:
Post a Comment