Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Sun

First of all, I must thank all of our friends and family who made Sunny's first Christmas so much fun. We all had a great time visiting. Sunny figured this was a good time to cozy up to her grandparents:










More Christmas shots:






A baby has to celebrate, so Sunny has been ringing in the new year with lots of raspberries and spit bubbles:




I hope these pictures are conveying in a small way the person our little Sun is becoming. Watching her figure out the world and show us how she feels makes us so excited. She will now play with a toy, if she really likes it, for half an hour instead of thirty seconds and cries pathetically if we take it away before she is done with it. Thanks to Ezra, she smiles and lunges at every dog who comes within a few feet of her. During the holidays, she refused to sit when we were holding her but then within a matter of two or three days she figured out how to balance and catch herself and now sits for ten or fifteen minutes. And she laughs, and smiles and generally makes our lives joyful.

Happy new year!

2 comments:

  1. Is that avacado she's eating? I wish my kids would eat avacados!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does love avocado, but that is my dad's spinach. I'm lucky though- she eats everything. I purée it with olive oil and rice.

    ReplyDelete