Sunny has started laughing a lot more. Alan and Tammy and Jeff and I are all coming up with new ways to make her laugh because what works one day rarely works next. It is so much fun watching her crack up! I got the video below this morning while she was playing and did not know I had the camera. You will see in the video that she tend to stop playing and smiling once she knows the camera is on her...well, you would see but I cannot get the video to upload. Maybe I can put it on YouTube or something...stay tuned.
Food continues to be great fun for her. She really loves butternut squash and avocado, but has also tried peaches, oatmeal, and beans since the last post as well as little tastes of lo mien and pho. The last two came because Alan and I are not able to develop as quickly as Sonia and we forgot to bring food for her when we went out to eat. We will remember next time (I hope) because she reminds us throughout the meal what she wants and generally feels we should attend to her more. She has a point. I cannot wait for her to be old enough to eat what we are eating.
While Sonia has been a lot of fun for the four of us, she is getting pretty nervous around people she does not see as often. Alan and I have started telling her "I'll be back" when we go to a different room in the house because she often starts crying when she notices. Separation anxiety, though in her case it is more, I-have-seen-you-before-but-you-are-not-Mom/Dad/GrandmaTammy/GrandpaJeff anxiety. This causes her to stick out her lower lip and break out in hysterical crying that only returning to one of us can cure. There is actually a word for the lower lip action in Spanish, "Pucheros". It makes me both laugh and cry when I see her little pucheros. I hope this stage improves before Thanksgiving.
As the picture shows below, tummy time is no longer as tortuous. She is starting to reach for things on her side, so I think she will be rolling over in the next few weeks. After that, I will be chasing her around and have even less time to blog, but I really want to keep it up. Partly to keep everyone involved in her life, but also for selfish reasons as it is so fun to look back on these posts.
We had a good time with Sonia at the restaurant Ezra's. Gramma Tammy masterfully packed a tote of baby food and supplies and all went well. Sonia watched the bowlers thru the glass - alot were kids which makes it more interesting for her we think. When the food came Sonia wiggled and salivated so Tam broke out a jar of carrots which apparently were quite good. Tam tried to hold Sonia and feed her and got carrot all over her white shirt sleeves which looked funny when we grocery shopped after lunch. Good times!
ReplyDelete